05 August 2008

Breaking News from the Departmet of Badass


I was never a huge RATM fan, but I always respected what they did. (I never own an album, but back in the day I did borrow their self-titled album from my older brother when he wasn't looking.) More artists need to speak out for what they believe in and what they stand for. It's call the First Amendment, and since the current administration couldn't curtail it we should all sing in our own voices every chance we have.

The reason for the post is that it is being reported that RATM is playing in Minneapolis at Target Center on Sept. 3, which not so coincidentally is the same week as the Republican National Convention in St. Paul. (The RNC is September 1-4.) That is the definition of badass. I think they will have something special the Rs that night.

I picked the video for "Sleep Now in the Fire" because it seems as relevant today, if not more so, than it did when it was released in 2000. Wall St.'s a mess, and I am left pondering if there are any adults left on The Street? As for RATM, I do wonder if they regret the tone of this video.


_John


PS. Sorry for the size of the video. This embed is not playing along nicely with me resizing it.

No comments: