04 July 2008

Picture of the Day -- 04 July 2008


Yeah, so I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Perhaps the spirit of the day got to me because I biked to Mt. Vernon today – milepost zero on the Mt. Vernon trail. The round trip from my apartment was probably just shy of 20 miles. I haven't rode more than five miles in a long long time, so this was quite an undertaking. The bike held up, I kept a good pace, and I am tired, though, surprisingly not very sore...right now. It helped that I had a good rabbit for most of the trip there, though I was planning on only biking for ten miles today, so maybe the rabbit was not so good. Anyway it is the first time that I have made it to Mt. Vernon by bike or any other means. It was, of course, packed (I have pictures to prove it), and I didn't walk the grounds because I was a sweaty mess and in bike gear, and because I wasn't paying $13 dollars to fight tourists.

I took a bunch of pictures along the way, so unless something else catches my eye I am going to use those throughout the holiday weekend as pictures of the day. Make sure you check the flickr site after Sunday evening for the complete holiday collection.

Hope you all had a happy and healthy Fourth.


_John

And please remember that the U.S. Constitution is the most important document in the history of our country. Suck on it Declaration of Independence!

No comments: