23 September 2008

The Great American Mockolate Bar?


Okay, I have to admit that expensive chocolates do not really do it for me. I much prefer a good old Hershey's chocolate bar. Well they used to be chocolate. This article is a bit disturbing on so many different levels.

“Blind taste tests revealed that consumers also didn’t notice a difference in taste between the chocolate and the “mockolate.” So, I thought I would try it for myself. I went down to my trusty neighborhood convenience store and bought a Whatchamacallit – the package read, “rich chocolatey coating.” Honestly, I can’t taste the difference, but still – where are the antioxidants? And why doesn’t it melt in my mouth as smoothly? I feel betrayed...At least Hersheys kept the cocoa in their Hershey’s Kisses and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Still, I think it’s time for a brand change – back to M&Ms and Snickers for me.."



Hooray for food chemistry and the Bush economy?


_John

image: from Hershey's

No comments: