24 September 2008

It's the Economy Stupid Wednesday

The A/V edition

Wonder what Naked Short Selling is? Well I was wondering too until I heard this piece on This American Life. (The whole episode is here.) I mention naked short selling because the SEC just banned short selling for some companies. Interesting times.

The Daily Show on the $700 billion plan and McDonald's apple pies:



And The Word on the Colbert Report:



Something I was always wondering about that I hadn't heard much about is the ridiculous AAA ratings that were being handed out to these awful securitized mortages. Bloomberg is on the case with part 1 today. Make sure you check their site on Thursday for part 2. Banks would not have bought up these securities if they were given the crappy rating the deserved. An important and much overlooked piece of this economic puzzle.


_John

No comments: