04 September 2008

RNC final night thoughts


When they rolled the Cindy McCain video tonight, did I miss the part where they said: "John wasn't just lying about his age when he met and started to date Cindy, he lied about his marital status too!" Was it my imagination or did I hear the following during the beginning of the John McCain video: "Some call him an adulterer. Some call him Keating number Five." The jokes just write themselves folks, and truth is the best antidote for any myth.

They weren't really troops! Imagine what the reaction would be if the DNC pulled this stunt. Shameless. Vet voice has more.

What's up whities? And Ken Silverstein piles on the only way he knows how.

And what's with the Republicans using identity politics all of a sudden? They have been bludgeoning and poo-pooing the Democrats over identity politics for decades. My friends, that is change we can believe in.

Why didn't McCain say he was tortured? And where was his flag pin???

Oh and the 9-11 taboo was killed tonight. They really have no shame. (I knew something would happen on that screen. Guess I am mildly surprised that if they were going to use it that they didn't have it running on a loop behind Guiliani.)

All of the U-S-A chants coupled with the US flag flapping on the screen behind McCain reminded me of an Emerson quote: "When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and the purity of its heart."


_John

image: from AP

No comments: